The 53rd Annual Holiday Look In Virtual Home Tour features the heritage and timelessness of Pasadena’s architecture, complemented by some of the most talented and innovative florists and musicians in the area. Join us for this time-honored Pasadena holiday tradition, as you step into each of our four festively decorated homes and gardens.
This regal Federal style home pays tribute to its history while residing gracefully in the present. The home was built in 1912 by architect Reginald Johnson. The stately two-story residence welcomes visitors with its large colonnaded veranda and is sheltered by a large magnolia tree and a towering pine tree. It is appropriately located on Magnolia Street and artistic embellishments throughout the home pay tribute to the stately Magnolia tree. The present owners have lovingly updated this home, with an appreciation of the richness of the past, but with a desire to have it reflect modern living for their active family. This home represents true Southern California living at its best.
House of a Thousand Dreams
This magnificent Basque country villa was designed in 1929 by Edward M. Fowler with exquisite, detailed attention to the beautiful Basque estates in the Pyrenees. The house is located in the Linda Vista neighborhood of the Upper Arroyo in Pasadena with a spectacular view of the Pioneers and the Colorado Street Bridges. This 7500 square foot home features low-pitched red tile roofs, half-timbered walls, heavy wooden beams and stonework, rustic interior striated walls, barrel-vaulted ceilings and large fireplaces. The home was designed around a central courtyard providing a view of the lovely garden from almost every room of the house and includes the original stone tiles that carry over into the loggia.
F.W. Griffith House
This sublime Mediterranean-style home was designed in 1925 by Roland E. Coate, one of the most distinguished designers of Spanish architecture in the 1920’s. Originally built for F.W. Griffith, it is an outstanding example of Spanish Colonial Revival architecture, featuring textured white-washed adobe exteriors, mission-style arches and batten shutters. The house is centrally located in Pasadena’s Landmark Oak Knoll District, adjacent to the celebrated Langham Hotel. The 3800 square foot home faces inward to a beautiful courtyard, arched loggia, Spanish-tiled fountain, refreshing pool, and spa. A magnificent crepe myrtle tree provides shade and beautiful flowers when in bloom. This gorgeous outdoor living space provides a peaceful sanctuary for relaxing and entertaining.
Elegant iron scroll gates open to a winding drive which leads up to this magnificent Mediterranean estate known as “Villa Verde.” Created in 1927 by architect Sylvanus Marston of the firm Marston, Van Pelt & Maybury, the property was built for E. A. Hardy, who was the past chairman of B. F. Goodrich. In 1984 the house was placed in the National Register of Historic Places as the best representative of his Mediterranean architectural style. The 22-room, 8500 sq. foot home sits on beautifully landscaped grounds atop a knoll overlooking the Arroyo Seco and affords 40-mile views over Pasadena, Altadena, Mt. Wilson, and Old Baldy. Many of the original garden plantings remain and are historically significant.